During the 2011-12 school year, West Sound GreenSTEM expanded to include even more students, teachers, schools, and school districts. Highlights of the year:
- Three West Sound GreenSTEM Network Meetings where participating teachers expanded their understanding of project-based learning, the many tools and resources available to them, and built relationships across the region.
- GIS& GPS Utilizing Spatial Technologies in the Field and Classroom Workshop
- Salish Sea Expeditions Teacher Training Sail
- Salish Sea Expeditions/Hood Canal Schools Sail
- Various field trips to Naval Undersea Museum, Poulsbo Marine Science Center, and outdoor sites